Saturday, August 9, 2014

These Three Things


Three has always been my number.  I have always had an affinity for it for some reason.  3, 13, 33, 6, 9, 23, 46 all ring out three to me and they are all numbers that have had meaning to me in my life.

As a young kid and avid Mets Fan my favorite player was #3 Buddy Harrelson

Hall of Fame Quarterback Dan Marino lead my Dolphins for years had a 3 on his jersey.

Speak no, See no & Hear no....evil


In Catholicism ~ There is the holy trinity of The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost.

In Jerusalem ~ there were the Three Wise Men

In Nursery Rhymes we had the Three Blind Mice

And in a children's book you can find The Three Little Pigs.

For University I went to Springfield College where the belief was in three....the development of one's Spirit, their Mind and their Body.
In the guest service industry I preach about taking care of The  Guest, The Company and The Employees equally so that there may be balance.

In the 70's Three Dog Night had a great hit with Joy to the World

Buddha teaches us that there are three things in life that cannot be hidden.

When you think of things in three how can one forget The Stooges??


And according to Corinthians 13:13  there are three things that will last forever ~ Faith, Hope & Love.
And the greatest of these is Love.
The word Triathlon is Greek in origin.  From τρεις or treis (three) and αθλος or athlos (contest).

At this point in my life, I am finding great joy in doing triathlons.  I love the training. Exercise and working out has always been a part of my life.  As well as competing in sporting events.   In particular, I am having a wonderful experience in participating in Iron distance (140.6 miles) events.  I am not sure how many more years or how many more Ironmans triathlons or what my ultimate goal is for racing.  I am not to concerned with the answers to any of those three questions.  What I do know is.......  I am ready for my next.  

Ironman #1 Cozumel on December 3rd
Ironman #2 Boulder on August 3rd
.......and in 11 months and 6 days from my first Ironman I will attempt Lucky #3.  On November 9th, 2014, in exactly 3 months from today, I will participate in my 3rd Ironman Competition.  This will mark 3 Ironmans for me in one year, my first year of doing triathlons.  My Ironbuddy and Brother from another Mother Hal was with me for #1.  He lives in Brazil and flew to Mexico to support me in my dream of pursuing that first Ironman.
  

It only seems fitting that this time I fly to him and compete in.......
Ironman #3 Fortaleza, Brasil on November 9th

#Let'sdothis!!


1 comment:

  1. Three !?!?!?!? In your 1st year?!?!?!? In any year.....now I know you are completely f*cking NUTS!!!!!! Ha! Go get 'em Marty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like hugs...they are great to give and to recieve. Please feel free to reach out and give a hug (comment).